• July 20, 2018, 04:09:35 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

BlackHatWay has just been launched!

Author Topic: server update one of my customerís websites  (Read 85 times)

JesseVoss

• View Profile
server update one of my customerís websites
« on: May 28, 2018, 04:17:30 PM »

Hello,

After a server update one of my customerís websites (it was still running with Textpattern 4.5.7) showed only question marks instead of umlauts. Another problem was that all text contents containing an umlaut were shown empty in the backend. However, the contents are available in the database (Server-Version: 10.1.24-MariaDB-cll-lve Ė MariaDB Server). The umlauts of the texts in the database are written as such, for example, ďMšdchenĒ. The only word with umlaut that is displayed correctly on the website is stored in the database like this ďK√ľnstlerĒ, is displayed as ďKŁnstlerĒ. I have no idea why this umlaut was coded differently. At first, I made an upgrade to Textpattern 4.6.2, but the problem persisted. All plugins that I updated were marked as modified, what Iíve never seen before in this context. Some tables in the database had latin1 character set, so I run the rvm_latin1_to_utf8 plugin. Now all tables are uft8_general_ci but nothing changed , everything stayed the same. I discussed all this with the hosting provider support and I made a reference to this forum post, but they donít want nothing to do with it. Iíve been working on it for several hours now and have no idea what else to do.

Please help

I didn't find the right solution from the internet.

References:
https://forum.textpattern.io/viewtopic.php?id=48197
Video advertising company

Thank you

Page created in 0.739 seconds with 18 queries.